I'M CURED!

Cured egg yolks that is! I've actually found myself salivating over this recipe since I saw it on a Bon Appetit video on YOUTUBE by Chef Elise Kornack. (link for recipe on the word video).
I have also been on a mission with my girl Steph to master the art of making eggs. Call it weird, but I think it's a total marriage material card to pull out during the vows. So far I've gotten poaching eggs down without even crying, and they turn out BEAUTIFULLY. I've also tried many methods based on expert chefs and just decided to go with the ones I liked more. If you're interested in my egg game, I'll document it for you. I make a mean poached egg and avocado on toast 😗👌*(chef's kiss).

As we speak, (maybe will be taking them out of the fridge as we speak) my beautiful little yolks are curing and I am waiting to see magic! You can top these guys off on many things, and because I love mixing my salads up, this will be an addition. It takes 4 days to cure, so if you are impatient, then this may be a good challenge for you. I used kosher salt, sugar, and put them in a small Pyrex glass dish. Covered the container in saran wrap and then put the lid on for an extra seal. I won't go into all of my measurements, because if you watch the video she will explain everything a lot more concise than I will.
Cured Egg Yolks Shaved

Comments

Popular Posts