THE ART OF HABITS

['habet]
habits (plural noun)

  1. a settled or regular tendency or practice, especially one that is hard to give up:

Well folks, this is what I'm working on. Putting up or shutting up. There are a lot of things swirling around my head this very second, and a lack of good habits formed is one of them.
Between self-love, and living intentionally, being spiritually and financially sound, caring for others, and paying attention to the care of myself; I have been left wondering about a plethora of bad habits I have formed on my own over the years. Some I'm not proud of, some-I am glad that I have developed.
When it comes to my health, I have hit levels of areas mentally that I am still trying to sort out to understand properly. I remember all of my good moments, the ones where I was at my healthiest, the ones where I put forth the effort to being intentional about my eating habits as well as working out or cycling. I don't know if it is the same way for others (I'm sure it is) but you feel like you're spiraling out of control when your health is taking a nose dive into an abyss of regret, remorse, self-hate, or whatever it is that effects you. I've been trying to glean information in books and articles and podcast for a little over a year now to figure out my body, but I have yet to put those things to action; so while I was flying back to Portland from a work trip, I decided to reach out to some friends who I thought emulated the things that I would like to accomplish in the next 3-6 months. I'm only putting that time frame on it, because I would like to be independent of assistance financially within the next year.

Everything in my life, currently feels like the butterfly effect. A series of small events have made it seem like larger ones are occurring from it. Truth of the matter, I think that is only possible if you allow things to get to that level and you feel like you can't get on top of your struggles no matter what you do. I don't think I'm that far in the depths of despair, but there are days where I just want to be on top of something and knowing I'm doing really well with it.
 Back to what I was talking about in the last paragraph, I asked for the help of 3 people. My friend Mara who does Crossfit and does a lot of meal prep, so I wanted to get a better handle on preparing my meals instead of eating out so much.
Shannon who does yoga regularly and is more conscious of her body and fuels it in a healthy and mindful way. She's also one of the most peaceful people I've ever been around; I've never seen her actually get mad or raise or voice. It's amazing and kind of enviable. Haha

Neither of these people are experts, but I trust and value their guidance in those areas because they've put for the EFFORT into making it work for them.

I start on my meal prep in a couple of weeks, yoga will hopefully start up next week, and my budgeting is continual. Once I get closer to having more posts ready, I will post what is coming up each week, and month. I hope you guys enjoy reading this and that it's helping someone. If no one reads it, that's okay to, at least it's helping me.

Comments

Popular Posts