HEALTHINESS REGAINED


Look at this, first video for you all! Bear with me as I try to get my footing on the editing processes. I hate poor quality videos and unfortunately, my laptop camera is not going to suffice. I will have to bust out my Canon and a tripod to get the ball rolling. Hopefully next time a video is posted, at least the light will be better.



I can now say that I am and have been actively researching things that will help in aiding the progress of my health. I found two books this week. One called, The Highly Sensitive Person by Elaine Aron ad the other book called Total Health Turnaround by Dr. Tricia Pingel, a naturopathic doctor who specializes in natural plans for health; specifically adrenal fatigue. As soon as I started reading the first chapter and the symptoms related to adrenal fatigue, I think I had a moment where tears were in my eyes after reading through the first chapter. The almost paralyzing issues that come with adrenal fatigue is in an abundance; but it is when your adrenal glands are doing a poor job of managing hormones in response to chronic stress. It results in a fatigue that is not improved with sleep and is accompanied by a variety of other hormone-medicated symptoms, such as insomnia, changes in menstrual cycle, anxiety, pain, depression, and poor immune health. (Total Health Turnaround by Dr. Tricia Pingel pg. 5)



What now? The question that plagues me to no end. I hate having to figure out things that will work specifically for my body, not what worked for someone else; because fortunately and unfortunately, we all have different bodies and they process things differently. Since I know I have an indifference to gluten, dairy, and allergies to nuts, I have to make it a point to commit to omitting things from my regular/irregular eating habits each week.

Real talk: This week, I have eaten horridly. Primarily related to stress, and lack of time or energy. This is almost embarrassing to admit to, but I have spent more time in the drive-thru's of Taco Bell, Chik-fil-a and McDonald's in the past week to count. I currently live in a friends basement and will be moving out this Saturday, but part of the struggle I found was that my habits felt unconventional. By that I mean, I have this really basic way of wanting to eat and sit and not have to talk. Which is funny because moving out of my last apartment, I had room mates who occupied the main living area often, and the kitchen and I didn't want to be in the space because I felt too tired to have to clean up the kitchen before even getting make my food after getting off from an 8 hour work day.
After reading some of the information in both books and listening to the podcasts, I have learned that my personality type is the type to feel sensitive in over-stimulated situations. The amount of time I retreat to my room is because I would rather sleep than to interact, and I'd rather do that to feel like I'm recharging. Which brings me to the other point where I'm not fully recharging or actually recharging because my adrenal glands are not producing enough cortisol in order to feel fully productive.

Of course I am no expert, but I am learning to trust my body when something appears off and to find the correct resources or medical professionals to help me get to a point that I'm working to.
I will be going to the acupuncturist in the future to see if that form of aid will help my body a little bit more.

You can find more information on those two books if you click on the title. You can get them off Amazon for about $5 too.

Comments

Popular Posts