SESAME JACKFRUIT

The food that sticks to my ribs, maybe in a different type of way would be Asian food. I love a lot of different flavors of sweet, sour, salty, and spicy. The texture and consistency of jack fruit is a little bit like beef stew and pulls apart like really tender meat. 
The first time I had it was in Las Vegas at an awesome vegetarian restaurant called Vegenation in the heart of old Vegas. I got these Korean-styled bbq that was used with jack fruit and it was phenomenal!

 
The good thing about this fruit is that it's a pretty versatile fruit and I'm not saying this is something new by all means because plenty of people have been eating this before I thought it was something special, but here is a quick and easy recipe that was so quick and easy that it took all of 10 minutes to make. The rice is microwavable rice from Target, the snap peas are microwavable snap peas, and the jack fruit could be eaten directly from the packaging, but I wanted to heat it up because...it would taste better heated.
 



You can probably chop more veggies than I used for mine, but ultimately I was just using what I had in the fridge and I would like to be more adventurous with my use in veggies as being entree's. If you have any suggestions for great jack fruit recipes find me on instagram @modernausten and shoot me a cute little message. :)

Comments

Popular Posts