WAITING ON THE WORLD TO CHANGE; BUT MAINLY ME.

I've got approximately 20 days left before I turn into a pumpkin. Okay, so not an actual pumpkin, but before I convert a full-time pescetarian (if you're wanting to know the spelling, it is also spelled pescatarian, but I spell it the way Italians write it and say it.)
I know, I know... "here she goes again with another goal that is not likely to be completed", but the truth is, I have been omitting meats from my regular eating habits for a while now. I'm not gungho about chewing through poultry all of the time, the thought of reaching the bone of a chicken has slowly grossed me out over the years.


One day I was enjoying my fried chicken, probably pretty emphatically, and I got the sickest moment in my stomach. I kept hearing myself eat the flesh and I stopped chewing, spit the remaining chicken into a napkin, and discarded what was left on my plate.
GUYS! THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE! I was just as shocked as you may be reading that.
I've grown up eating meat with my veggies and rice/ potatoes/ whatever else accompanies the dish, and not until fairly recently, maybe in the last 2-3 years have I had an aversion to meat products. On top of that, I've always been inclined to seafood. I'm a military brat whose father was in the Navy, so being near water my whole life has aided in my regular consumption or desire for seafood.


So back to the whole 20 day pumpkin thing--- I am going to be in Texas for another work build-up and it's Texas, and BBQ and it should be my last hurrah before I fully convert. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't miss a good beef brisket or pork shoulder or something of that nature, but I'm in all capacities, a girl raised in the South for the majority of my life, and I have a deep rooted connection with Southern food. I am also a girl who was raised around the world and around other cultures, and recently discovered my ancestry and would more than anything like to research and study what my ancestors ate. Go figure, most of them were by large bodies of water and the ocean.

I've been building up my data bank of gluten-free friendly, vegan/vegetarian, and dairy/nut free restaurants around Portland. The good news about this new endeavor is I am finally able to reincorporate pecans and walnuts back into my diet and I have been freaking out a little! It's been exciting to eat something that I had to avoid for 3 years. With that being said, now that I just had an epiphany about my will-power and knowledge, I am more than excited to accept the challenge of finding and making foods that aid my body and fuel it.

Will try to keep you posted through Instagram photos for you and try to blog a bit, but I can't make any guarantee's since I will not be bringing my laptop with me.

Comments

Popular Posts